Upgrade Woes with Apache.

Hello,

I'm one of the people who run a system with about 2000 users.

We've been using Authen:PAM with Perl for a web script where users can
set some of their preferences.

Today I upgraded pam-0.72-37.i386.rpm to pam-0.75-18.7 and the script
has since stopped working.

I've spent all day making some test scripts. Turns out that whereas the
apache user could previously test the validity of users based on
username/password, now only root and the user being tested can do this.

Does anyone know if this was a recent change, or maybe we were running a
modified version?

More importantly, does anyone know of a (hopefully simple) solution to
this dilemma?

Thanks.

--
Pat Suwalski, EngSoc Administrator
Faculty of Engineering, Carleton University