Re: Pam-list digest, Vol 1 #622 - 2 msgs

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 10:50:38AM -0400, Thomas M. Payerle wrote:
> Subject: Re: pam and ftp
>
> > Of course, the real solution would be to make pam_listfile accept
> > wildcards/regexes, at least when checking item=rhost, but no one did
> > that so far, at least AFAIK.  The only way you can do it with
> > pam_listfile is by putting every single host within your network into
> > the list.
> Missed the beginning of the thread, but you might want to look at
> pam_netgroups (http://www2.physics.umd.edu/~payerle/Software/PAM).  If you
> can get all the hosts into a NIS netgroup, this will enable you to select
> on.

Unfortunately, I can't get the hosts grouped except by source address.
There could be up to 5,000 internal hosts and an totally unknown number
of external addresses.  What is common between is the usernames that I
want to restrict.  I've already received a suggestion to use wu-ftpd
virtual hosts, and I believe that this will work, but haven't tested it
yet.

Thanks,
        .../Ed
--