Re: pam and ftp

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 04:54:27PM -0500, Ed Wilts wrote:
> I'd like to centralize the authentication checks in one
> place if I can and isn't that what PAM is for?

You're right.  However, wu-ftpd supports a directive that allows login
based on group membership.  Using that, and running two different
daemons w/ one checking the membership and one not, does work.

Of course, the real solution would be to make pam_listfile accept
wildcards/regexes, at least when checking item=rhost, but no one did
that so far, at least AFAIK.  The only way you can do it with
pam_listfile is by putting every single host within your network into
the list.

regards

--
		  http://fargonauten.de/ingo

PGP: 	3187 4DEC 47E6 1B1E 6F4F  57D4 CD90 C164 34AD CE5B