pam_misc.so + undefined reference

Hi All,

I don't know if this is off topic, but here I go. I am trying to compile
the latest version of shadow with pam support using Linux-PAM-0.76 from
cvs. However, it appears that there is a problem with the pam_misc.so
library. When I do a "ld -lpam_misc" I get an error that speaks of an
undefined reference to "pam_getenv", "pam_getenvlist" and "pam_putenv".
I don't get this error libpam, only libpam_misc. Well apparently, it is
hindering my build of shadow with pam support because the shadow
configure file cannot even detect the library. Is anyone familiar with
this error? I would greatly appreciate any help at all....

Thanks in advance

Errol