Re: Changing passwords via PAM

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Sauve, Steve wrote:

> Hello all,
> This may be a newbie question (but being a newbie I guess it fits :).
> I'm running a Redhat box (ver 7) with Coda (5.3.19) and Samba 2.0.7 running
> on it.  What I would like to do is have   pam manage the changing of all
> these passwords.  Specifically I'd like the Samba password to be primary and
> have the Coda and system password changed when it is.

Hello Steve,

I am not sure if it could work with some of the available Coda pam
modules.

I'd rather recommend you to use Kerberos autentication med Coda (more
secure and I feel easier to manage) and then Kerberos pam module can do
password changes, and pam_kcoda will create coda tokens without any need
to have any "Coda password" - provided one has/knows a Kerberos one.

Cheers,
--
Ivan