RE: How do I disable PAM?

Thanks for the quick response.

>> Did you know that you can configure PAM to use /etc/passwd?
How do I do this? I didnt find answer to this on HOWTO.

I don't know whether the above will help me. My situation is:

I have a Apache2 configuration which does htaccess based authentication to
give read/write
access to a particular directory. Even if the user enters correct
userid/passwd combination, the
access  to a directory is being denied. I believe this is because my system
uses PAM for user
authentication. To fix this, I suppose I need to compile Apache with
mod_auth_pam ( I am not
sure whether the current mod_auth_pam will work on Apache2)

I don't want to go through all this because I am just building a demo system
and I want
to keep everything simple.

/kmk