Radius authentication and squid

I wonder if this is possible.

I want to authenticate the users using radius server for squid module.
If I have a user say user1 in my linux machine and in radius server with
different passwords then the user is getting authenticated for squid.
If I have a user say user2 only in radius server and not in my linux
machine
then user2 is not getting authenticated.

Is it neccessary that the user should have an account in linux
machine????

Is it possible that a user  having an account only in Radius server &
not in my linux machine (where squid is running)  to get authenticated
using pam and go through squid. Is there any way of doing it.

Please explain.

regards,
adharsh