Re[2]: Newbie PAM + Apache group question

Hello Karl,

Tuesday, January 29, 2002, Karl Foelsche <kfoelsche@baergroup.com> wrote:

KF> Hi.  I haven't seen any reply to the questions I listed below (yet?)... so
KF> let me try asking some more basic questions...

KF> 1.  Can you use groups with mod_auth_pam logging into an NT domain?  If so,
KF> where should the groups reside: NT or *nix?
if you've use mod_auth_pam by Ingo Lutkebohle, your groups should
reside on *nix.

/* this function gets a group list from /etc/group -- taken out of
   the sh-utils */
static int getugroups(int maxcount, gid_t *grouplist, char *username)

As far as i know, PAM does not support group authetnication by
itself :(

KF> 2.  Is there a better source of documentation for setting this up other than
KF> the PAM + Apache docs?

yes, source of PAM ...

Best wishes,
 Maxim                            mailto:mak@rtsnet.ru