Re: Conversation function- HELP!

Ondrej Svetlik wrote:
> int myConv(int numMsg, const struct pam_message **msg,
>            struct pam_response **response, void *appdataPtr)
[snip]
>   *resp = reply;

I'm assuming that was supposed to be:

   *response = reply;

to match the function header since resp isn't declared anywhere.  I've
also just realized the unusual way *appdataPtr is used to pass data in
from the app.

I would also assume that you could stick the code to obtain the username
and password directly in the conversation function's code- but it's
probably a good idea not to.

>   case PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_OFF: /* ? password */
>   case PAM_PROMPT_ECHO_ON: /* ? username */

How reliable are these correlations?  (echo-off for username, echo-on
for password)

Many thanks for the example;  it's starting to make a little more sense
now.

-kgd
--
Money is overrated.