PAM problem?

I have just installed RH Linux 7.1, but whenever I try to log in using any
user other than root, my screen goes black for a few seconds, then comes
back at the login screen as if I had done nothing.  It only does this when I
use a legitimate ID and password that I created.  I created one user from
the command line (groupadd oinstall; useradd -g oinstall oracle; passwd
oracle), and another user using KDE's user GUI.  My login shell is
/bin/bash.  Could this be a problem with the PAM?  Any ideas you can give me
on this are appreciated.

Thanks, Victor

    Victor Teeter,  CCNA, MCSE, MCP+I
     Engineering Technician / Sr. Analyst