PAM + openSSH + NetBSD sshd doesn't do RSA authentication

Folks,

PAM 0.72
openSSH 2.3.0p1
NetBSD 1.5 on i386

When I compile openSSH without the PAM support everything seems to work
fine..  I can login using my private key and RSA authentication..

But when I compile openSSH using --with-pam flag, sshd rejects every other
method of authentication other then the password one.  I can still login to
the system using my password but no more using my private key.  I can swear
that only thing I am doing diffrent here is adding --with-pam during openSSH
compile..

Here is the ssh -v output

SSH Version OpenSSH_2.3.0p1, protocol versions 1.5/2.0.
Compiled with SSL (0x0090600f).
debug: Reading configuration data /home/aagrawalla/.ssh/config
debug: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
debug: Applying options for *
debug: Seeding random number generator
debug: ssh_connect: getuid 5186 geteuid 5186 anon 1
debug: Connecting to bonaire [10.30.19.238] port 22.
debug: Connection established.
debug: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version OpenSSH_2.9.9p2
debug: no match: OpenSSH_2.9.9p2
debug: Local version string SSH-1.5-OpenSSH_2.3.0p1
debug: Waiting for server public key.
debug: Received server public key (768 bits) and host key (1024 bits).
debug: Host 'bonaire' is known and matches the RSA host key.
debug: Seeding random number generator
debug: Encryption type: blowfish
debug: Sent encrypted session key.
debug: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
debug: Received encrypted confirmation.
debug: Trying RSA authentication with key 'aagrawal@sf'
debug: Received RSA challenge from server.
debug: Sending response to host key RSA challenge.
debug: Remote: RSA authentication accepted.
debug: RSA authentication refused.
debug: Doing password authentication.
aagrawalla@bonaire's password:

Is this an expected behaviour????????

Thanks Folks..

Ajay

www.HYPERCHIP.com

Come meet us at:
NGN 2001, Boston, November 5-9, Hyperchip Booth #320
Networld+Interop, Paris, September 18-20, Quebec Pavilion H48I-J
Gitex 2001, Dubai, October 14-18, Quebec Pavilion E5-1
LightSpeed Europe 01, London, December 4-6, Richard Norman, Panelist

Named Hot Start-Up of the Year by Telecommunications® magazine
Wins CATAAlliance Emerging Technology Award for 2001
Richard Norman nominated for Ernst & Young's Quebec Entrepreneur
of the Year awards ("Emerging Entrepreneur" category)

Hyperchip is setting a new standard in core routing performance,
reliability and  scalability with a solution that offers disruptive
changes in the cost-effectiveness  of routing infrastructures.

The present message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above.
Its contents and any attachments are confidential. If you have received
this message in error, please notify us immediately and delete the
original without making a copy, disclosing its contents or taking any
action based thereon.