PAM Auth. without pam_pwdb.so module (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:32:48 +0530 (IST)
From: Naim Shaikh <naim@bombay.retortsoft.com>
To: Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>
Subject: PAM Auth. without pam_pwdb.so module

Hi,

I am working on making an ftp client with "change passwd" facility.

I have  a server with multiple Virtual Domains and has virtual users (not
system users) on them.

The users should be allowed to change password on their particular domain.

I have different passwd/shadow file for each domain like

/etc/passwd.domain1.com
/etc/shadow.domain1.com

/etc/passwd.domain2.com
/etc/shadow.domain2.com

and so on....

and wants to allow users to ftp to their respective domainname also change
passwd.

I have done changes in /etc/pam.d/ftp file like

auth  sufficient  /lib/security/pam_pwdfile.so pwdfile /etc/shadow
auth  sufficient  /lib/security/pam_pwdfile.so pwdfile /etc/shadow.domain1.com
account    sufficient	/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
session    sufficient	/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

so that with pam_pwdfile.so module I can change the shadow file as needed
but the problem here is that it requires the ftp users to be system users
and they cannot be virtual users.

Can you please tell me how can I authenticate ftp user who is a virtual
user on a particular virtual domain on the server.

Hope I made my problem clear.

Please Help

Naim Shaikh