From: pam-list-admin@redhat.com [mailto:pam-list-admin@redhat.com]On Behalf Of Ganesan Kanavathy
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 3:31 AM
To: pam-list@redhat.com
Subject: Cannot Login After Installing PAM

Hi there,

    Recently I have downloaded Linux-PAM-0.75 and installed on my linux box running Redhat 7.0.

I have faced real problem after rebooting the system. I cannot login on the machine (not even telnet) .. it keep on going to the login screen.

Something like it could not verify the password.

But I noticed other programs like sendmail is running and email users can retrieve and send mails.

Please help me to solve this problem. What should I do in order to be able to login into the system??? How do I restore the settings?

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,

Ganesh