pam_smb with NT

hai

I am trying to authenticate linux users using an NT server (PDC).

In the pam_smb.conf file only the Domain name ,PDC name & BDC name are to
be given .

When I gave the configuration file like this it was creating some problems
& the user is not authenticated

so I added the name of PDC & Ip address in etc/hosts file .

Then it was able to authenticate the user.

Is there any way of giving the IP address directly in conf file with out
giving the same in etc/hosts.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks in advance

regards,