verify TGT in pam-kerberos

  I am sorry if I had hit the wrong list .
  can someone enlighten me about the PAM Kerberos authentication (
downloaded from fcusack) validating  the TGT that it obtained with the
host service principal's keytab entry (using the funciton
verify_krb_v5_tgt) , I dont understand the purpose of doing this because
the server machine is the one who gets the TGT on behalf of the client(
principal ) and its the one who is handling the host entry also . And
this call fails if the keytab file exists and there is no valid entry
for the host service principal and the authentication will be successful
if there is a valid entry for host principal or there is no keytab file
at all .

thanks in advance for the help .
bandi