Re: [mituc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: pam limits drops privileges]

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Steve Langasek wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Adam Slattery wrote:
> > logging - not every system has syslog(3)
>
> This one is news to me.

Me too... hmm. I think I better withdraw that statement.

Anyway, on another note, there was talk about standardizing the parsing of
the argv-style options. Although certain code might be duplicated among
differant modules, this type of code would not belong in a central
library. The main reason is that there would be no benefit to
consolodating this code. A second reason is that only 2 modules use common
arguments and methods of parsing those arguments: pam_unix and pam_pwdb.

Another candidate for such a library would be getlogin(3). It isn't
thread-safe. pam_unix implements it's own hack in support.c, but this
isn't thread-safe either. Strange.

- Adam Slattery