RE: Telnetd and PAM

Hi Andrey and PAM list,

I'm sorry, but my time available to work on this project had shrunk down to
zero (and still is), so I don't have code to share.  It is still on my list
of things to do so perhaps in the future...

The problem with telnet authentication is that it does not work well with
PAM: PAM wants to be able to control the authentication selection and
timing, and so does telnetd.  Telnetd want's to get the remote system the
choice of authentication scheme from a list of choices; PAM wants to be able
to sequentially use the system administrator's choices of authentication
schemes, some are required and others are not.  This is why you don't see a
PAM'ified telnetd.