Re: Authenticating users in the another server

> I am using PAM in one my server(server A). But I want the user in another
> server(Server B) to be authenticated in Server A to use the SMTP
> servive(SMTP-AUTH). Is there anyway to do this.
> can I use pam_unix.so to authenticate from the passwd & shadow file in
> another server.

Hi,

I would use Kerberos for this. LDAP is also not a problem, but also
(optionally) stores uid, gid, and that kind of stuff. To complicated for
this.

Kerberos should be no problem, as long as you use a recent version of
cyrus-sasl. Be warned that older version had nasty bugs that prevents
things from wroking.

	Igmar