Re: additional functionality of pam_modules.

Junyoung Heo wrote:

> Dear pam-list members.
>
> We(3 developers) have plan to develop additional functionalities about 'acount'.
> Please read and comment about it.
>
> - account expire date : disable account after some days.
> - account inactive date : disable account if account is not used for some days.
> - account suspend/resume date : disable account until suspend date and resume it after resume date.
> We want to add above 3 functionalities on pam_time modules.
> How about your thought?

But this functionality already exists in pam_unix/pam_pwdb,
based on corresponding fields in shadow (or nss equivalent).
And why add this to pam_time that has no access to user's
password attributes, whatether them are?

> - max login : limit maximum logins.
> - max session : limit maximum sessions.
> These are made in new modules.

Seems very similar with each other.  It looks
like a good idea, but should here be some relation
with that same pam_time module?  I.e. at weekends,
allow max 20 sessions, but on workdays, only one.
Like extending pam_time's session "boolean" to
session "number" (allowing not only 1/0 as a limit)?

[]
Regards,
 Michael.