Re: (no subject)

Chris left for the day.

There are two issues.  The first is that he does intend to run some sort of
clock syncronization.  He wasn't simply because he is having trouble getting
NTP to interoperate with Windows 2000.  We recognize that it is a prerequisite
for Kerberos to work properly.

Nonetheless, it would be nice if the cause of authentication failure was more
clear if it is a result of the clocks being out of sync.  This is mainly to
assist in debugging issues where the user is having problems authenticating.

The PAM_ERROR fields seem to be an ideal place to provide such feedback to the
calling application.

Thanks for pointing us in the right direction,

Devin Heitmueller
Senior Software Engineer
Netilla Networks Inc
732-764-8858 x211