(no subject)

Is it possible for a module to give the application more information about
an authentication?

I'm using pam_krb5 and I want to be able to distinguish between someone
failing authentication because of a bad password and failing because the
clocks are out of sync. It's not feasible to run something to synchronize
the clocks at this time. But it would be great if PAM could somehow tell
the application how the failure happens.

At the moment pam_krb5 just returns PAM_AUTH_FAIL to PAM. Is there some
way to pass along extra information that could be returned to the
application?

Thanks.

--
Chris Riley