Re: mod_auth_pam and SuSE 7.1

> Hi
>
> I have a little trouble here, perhaps one of you could help me out...
> First I installed SuSE 7.1 an compiled my own apache.
> Then I added mod_auth_pam.
>
> As soon as mod_auth_pam is used for authentication the child-process of the
> apache crashes.
>
> Last time I solved this by replacing 'pam_pwdb.so' with 'pam_unix.so' in
> /etc/pam.d/httpd.
> This time it doesn't work that way...

I don't recall the apache process crashing -- but some
investigation revealed that pam_pwdb.so wouldn't do the
authentication on a system with shadow passwords unless
it was called with root privs.  Apache doesn't do this.
(as opposed to login/imapd/pop3d/ftpd/etc...).

Can anybody back me up on this?

--
Soren Aalto <soren@pan.uzulu.ac.za>
Internet guy, University of Zululand