Re: Naive questions about Kerberos+PAM+Win2000

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 06:01:31PM -0400, Lengyel, Florian wrote:
> I have an NT domain with several thousand users, to which I'm going
> to add two LINUX clusters. I would like the users to be authenticated
> by the PDC or BDCs of the NT domain, or else I would like the NT and
> LINUX password databases to be synchronized so that they could be
> administered entirely from NT if one wanted. I understand that I could use
> pam_smb or  pam_ntdom for this purpose. What would I use when the
> NT domain controllers are replaced with Windows 2000 servers?

You might want to take a look at winbind that is part of Samba 2.2.x.  It
is specifically designed to make the UNIX box become part of the NT domain.
I don't think that the 2000/kerberos support is there yet (the Linux boxes
would appear to be NT 4ish to the Win2k servers).

Mike