Q:Configuring statically linked modules

Hi,

I am trying to debug an application with a stack of pam modules.
The dynamic nature of pam modules made debugging very
difficult and hence I resorted to building a static pam library using
the following options:
    --enable-static-libpam --enable-static-modules --enable-libdebug
and --enable-debug
and linking my application with libpamd.a. I have used version 0.74
to be consistant with the one that I currently have on my RedHat
7.1.

For the dynamic/shared library based system I had the following
config file, which seemed to work ok:
auth       required     /usr/local/pam/lib/security/pam_listfile.so
item=user se
nse=deny file=/etc/ftpusers onerr=succeed
auth       required     /usr/local/pam/lib/security/pam_shells.so
auth       sufficient     /usr/local/pam/lib/security/pam_ldap.so
auth       required    /usr/local/pam/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow
nullok
account    required     /usr/local/pam/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
account       sufficient     /usr/local/pam/lib/security/pam_ldap.so
session    required     /usr/local/pam/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
session       sufficient     /usr/local/pam/lib/security/pam_ldap.so

How do I specify the config file such that I have the same effect as
above (config file) and it would pick appropriate modules from with in
the statically linked library, "libpamd.a" and not go outside. This
I am hoping would facilitate easy debugging.

Any pointers or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
__
Seva