Re: bunch of new patches / bugs submitted to tracker

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Harald Welte wrote:

> > I will be taking a look at these patches, and I'm sure Andrew and others will
> > be doing so as well.

>> Now then, how I can I sweet-talk you into doing the same for Debian fixes?
>>:)

> ;) are you talking explicitly about Linux-PAM or general fixes for any
> package?

Specifically about Linux-PAM.  The Debian PAM package has diverged from the
upstream almost as much as RedHat's, although the Debian changes are perhaps
easier to follow. :)

> So if you suspect something like this for the debian Linux-PAM package,
> I might give it a look.  But then, I thought debian people should have
> better behaviour wrt. back-contribution of fixes.

We should -- and if the two Debian developers that are currently working on
this issue didn't have day jobs, I suppose we would be. :)  It was a
half-joking suggestion; if you have the time and the interest, I'd love to see
it done, but I don't think there's anything critical in there that needs to be
ported back immediately.

Regards,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer