Fw: pam session / Openssh

I was just wondering if any of you guys had an answer...

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 03:24:17 +0200
From: Christian Kraemer <ckraemer@ginko.de>
To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
Subject: pam session / Openssh

Hi,

Does anybody know why openssh (openssh-2.9p1) on a linux system does not
call
pam_open_session if no pty is used? In this way the session modules (in
/etc/pam.d) are not activated.

This is espacially anoying if you
use pam_limits.so to set rlimits. Every user could
cirrcumvent them easily by calling ssh in this way:
ssh user@server /bin/sh

I do not know if this issue has been disscused before and if this behavior
is
not alright .....

cu Christian

[End forwarded message]