Re: PAM and the pwd.h interface

Nicolas Williams wrote:

> I don't see how chsh can determine the name service whence getpwnam()
> got a struct pwd's info.

	My bad... browsing the code too quickly... What it does
is pw = getpwnam(user) and then looks up the password in /etc/passwd
based on pw->pw_name to determine what name service is being used.
Which is still a mess... too many assumptions about which databases
to use to determine the state of a user's account.

Regards,
Chris