Re: Problem with pam_krb5 and semicolons

On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 04:41:05AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Nalin> The parser didn't recognize that ";" was a proper character
>     Nalin> for starting comments, and the lexer was spitting them out
>     Nalin> on standard output, which happened to be your connection.
>
>     Nalin> A workaround is to replace the semicolons with hash marks
>
> What pam_krb5 implementation has its own parser for krb5.conf?  This
> seems very bogus.

Ours, recently added.  The appdefaults API is used when available,
but it wasn't present in earlier releases.

The built-in parser is also used to catch the case where the
configuration settings aren't in the place where the appdefault code
will look, until we can be sure that they've been moved from what
used to be the documented location to where they should be.

Cheers,

Nalin