Re: Solaris 8 / pam_krb5 / PROBLEMS... ;-(

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Nicolas Williams wrote:

> Yes. BUT. I *think* the problem that Michel ran into is this: MIT krb5
> by DEFAULT builds static libraries AND, pam_krb5 will link against the
> static libraries if shared ones aren't available.

> I don't think the autoconf stuff in CVS pam_krb5 can detect the *lack*
> of shared krb5 libs.

I can't think of a portable way to check for this, no.  There may be some
non-portable Magic Linker Options one could use, or some non-portable checks
that could test if output files are statically or dynamically linked, but
that's a lot of work for little gain.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer