Re: Incompatibility between Linux-PAM and other PAM?

No. I believe responses are handled in the same way in all PAM
implementations.

The argument: (... , struct pam_response **resp, ...)

is a pointer to a pointer to an array. The module provides the value
(*resp), so there is only one way that the response array can be
constructed by the conversation function.

Cheers

Andrew