Re: [ Bug #129027 ] 0.73: PAM_AUTHTOK behavior

And for apps like XDM or loginwinsow where the app prompts for a
username AND a password before callin pam_authenticate, it would be
useful to be able to pam_set_item(PAM_AUTHTOK).

I have such an app. I cannot change it, but it can load library for
handling authentication, so we've made such a library, based on PAM,
that provides the necessary methods to the app. The library does provide
a conversation function and it can prompt the user, but, currently the
user prompted for her password AGAIN after typing it in once in the
original xdm-like login panel.

Nico