Re: pam and yppasswd on Red Hat LINUX 6.1

On Thu, 08 Feb 2001, Rick Goyette wrote:

> I must not be doing this quite right.  I placed a line in the passwd
> file in /etc/pam.d  so that it now looks like this:
>
> more /etc/pam.d/passwd
>
> #%PAM-1.0
> auth       required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
> account    required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
> password   required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so nis
> password   required     /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3
> minlen=11 dcredit=2 difok=3
> password   required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so use_authtok nullok md5 shadow
>
> Now when I use passwd instead of yppasswd it asks me everything
> twice, and I get an error at the end, although it does seem to be
> talking to the NIS server.
[cut]

This is what I use and it works for me (/etc/pam.d/passwd):
auth            required        /lib/security/pam_unix.so
account         required        /lib/security/pam_unix.so
password        required        /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so difok=2 minlen=8 dcredit=2 ocredit=2 retry=3
password        required        /lib/security/pam_unix.so nis use_authtok

Jan
--
Jan Rękorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?