Re: Account expire [urgent!!]

]On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 01:13:32AM +0100, Marco Mechelli wrote:
]> I need to make an account expire after 6 months of inactivity. In particular,
]> I don't want to simply expire the password every 6 months, I want the account
]> to expire only if it hasn't been used (this should be detectable with a
]> session rule in every configuration file under pam.d) at all for 6 months.
]> This is a very urgent task for me! Please help!!
]
]What about checking last login times with a script and remove the
]account after 6 months? Of course, you would have to keep more than
]the default utmps, they are rotated monthly, but that can be
]configured through logrotate.

On some systems (redhat 6.x), gdm does not put login information
to use with "last". So this method may be good or may be bad,
depending on your case.

Kalou