Re: /etc/pam.d/system-auth

On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 02:15:26AM -0800, Yurek Hinz wrote:
> When I try to install e.g ppp or wvdial I get:
> /etc/pam.d/system-auth is missing. how do i fix that?

This file is particular to the PAM package shipped with Red Hat Linux 7
and later.  If you're attempting to install a package and you get this
warning, it's because the configuration file supplied with the package
requires that file to be there, and the version you already have installed
doesn't provide that file.

If you're running a different distribution or release, please use the
versions of ppp and wvdial which go with that distribution or release.

Cheers,

Nalin