From: Nicolas Williams [mailto:Nicolas.Williams@ubsw.com]
Sent: 15 December 2000 18:53
To: pam-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: Passing password through a PAM-API

Look for a previous email from me to the list explaining the problem:
pam_authenticate() and friends call _pam_sanitize() before calling the
module methods and _pam_sanitize() simply overwrites the PAM_AUTHTOK
item (and PAM_OLDAUTHTOK).

In other words, handling of the PAM_*AUTHTOK items is broken.

Nico