PAM_SMB through Apache

I cannot get PAM authentication through an NT server working with Apache.

My configuration: Cobalt RaQ4 (Redhat; Intel processor)

Installed: Apache PAM module
PAM_SMB

The PAM module for Apache works fine. I have tested with the default
configurations and it runs smoothly. However, PAM_SMB does not work. The
reason it gives is: "User account has expired"

The users of the NT domain are not in the local password file, and they
should not have to be. However, I am not sure how to write the
/etc/pam.d/httpd file to make sure that users and passwords only get
authenticated through the NT domain.

The only two things I have in my /etc/pam.d/httpd file are:

auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_smb_auth.so nolocal
password        required        /lib/security/pam_smb_auth.so nolocal

I have no idea if I am on the right track with that file. (I am a newbie at
PAM authentication.)

I have also noticed that although PAM_SMB is unpacked and configured,
pamsmbd does not appear to be located anywhere on my system. I have
followed all the instructions located at
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied/pam_smb/, but cannot find the pamsmbd file. I
did move pam_smb_auth.so to /lib/security, as it says in the httpd file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Erica