Swapping to PAM?

hello,

I'm considering to install PAM on a bunch of Slackware boxes. It turned out
to be a little bit more work than I had anticipated. I managed to compile
Linux-PAM-0.72 after a few attempts,  but than only results in a bunch of
libs and includes. What should I do next? The reason I try to install PAM
is that I want to centralize password authentication using LDAP, but I have
a feeling that a lot of executables have to be recompiled. Am I right? Are
there any Slackware packages available?

Rasmus Wiman
24HR International
TEL: 08 - 442 97 64