PAM_SILENT in pass_check.c /samba

I know this may sound intensely stupid but I am trying to figure
out a way to kill a ghost authentication failure in samba (all
the way back to 1998). I found a patch that is no longer valid
and has rejects.

So, in the upshot I need to set PAM_SILENT to shut up the
false error messages. I havent included the source code unless
requested. And no, I am not a programmer of any sorts, however
PAM_SILENT seems to default to 0 (logging this crap), and there
is no clue to set it ( I would assume 1 but where?)

Any advice, hints, clues, abuse?

Henri

--

Vote for the United States National Official Monster Raving Loony Party!
USN-OMRLP