Re: calling pam_sm_open_session

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Michael Ju. Tokarev wrote:

> 1. Enable (temporary) core dumping from your daemons (redhat by
>    default forbids cores from daemons).  You can enable that two
>    ways -- commenting out a line with 'ulimit -c 0' in /etc/rc.d/
>    /init.d/functions (if I remember correctly), or replacing
>    your login by little wrapper (but be very careful, and check
>    that 'linux single' lilo command works before doing this):
>      rename /bin/login to /bin/login.save
>      create /bin/login with the following contents:
>        #! /bin/sh
>        ulimit -c 100000
>        exec /bin/login.save $*
>      and make it executable (chmod +x /bin/login)

You can also run in.telnetd with an option specifying a different login
program (-L) on a nonstandard port. This way, you can play with it without
risking a major configuration snafu.

(BTW: I'd use a bigger number than 1e5 in ulimit -c. Perhaps 1e6.)

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."