pam_passwdqc

Hi,
I saw the following from a previous posting:

* ftp://ftp.openwall.com/pvt/pam_passwdqc-0.1.tar.gz
* %description
* pam_passwdqc is a simple password strength checking module for
* PAM-aware password changing programs, such as passwd(1).  In addition
* to checking regular passwords, it offers support for passphrases and
* can provide randomly generated passwords.  All features are optional
* and can be (re-)configured without rebuilding.

and downloaded the tarball. Is there any documentation on pam_passwdqc.
I would like to fully understand how it works before using in
production.

Thanks much.