Re: pam_cracklib: suggested changes

> In trying to get the pam_cracklib module running on Solaris,

Maybe you would try my pam_passwdqc as well?  I don't think it will
work on Solaris "out of the box", but I think that the required
changes should be minimal.  pam_passwdqc is meant to replace both
CrackLib and pam_cracklib.

(One thing that should definitely be added to meet your requirements
is use_authtok/*_first_pass, which is still on TODO.)

ftp://ftp.openwall.com/pvt/pam_passwdqc-0.1.tar.gz

%description
pam_passwdqc is a simple password strength checking module for
PAM-aware password changing programs, such as passwd(1).  In addition
to checking regular passwords, it offers support for passphrases and
can provide randomly generated passwords.  All features are optional
and can be (re-)configured without rebuilding.

I am already using this module in "production".

Signed,
Solar Designer