Re: PAM and Kerberos

> Thanks Nicolas.  Exactly.  Funny things will happen then krb telnetd will
> think that pamified login was autentificated scott, while
> it really authentificated fred.  And this was an argument for having
> pamified liblogin used inside telnetd directly, where this sort of
> stuff will be fully controlled.  I don't know if this is bad to have
> access to scotts tickets as a fred, but at least it is funny enouth
> to take care of this.

What are the "funny things" that will happen if /bin/login
authenticates a user different from the user authenticated by telnetd?

As I explained in my previous response, there is no requirement in
telnetd that the two userids match.  In fact, by design they do not
have to.  telnetd does not have any knowledge of the real userid at
the present time.

                  Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer
                 The Kermit Project * Columbia University
               612 West 115th St * New York, NY * 10025 * USA
     http://www.kermit-project.org/ * kermit-support@kermit-project.org