problem setting securetty with devfs

Is there a way to make PAM accept directories in /etc/securetty?

I've enabled devfs and instead of tty1 it has vc/1 feeding it with vc/1
doesn't appear to work. The same problem has presented itself in
/etc/security/console.perms.  The way the devfs help recommends fixing it
seems provide an entry that would match even remote logins.

Is there a more secure way to fix this?

	Gerhard

--
Gerhard Mack

gmack@innerfire.net

<>< As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.