Re: Linux-PAM portability (was: PAM concepts)

On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 12:49:13PM +0100, David Lee wrote:

> The work already done at sourceforge has been to begin to put it under GNU
> "autoconf": this is a basic foundation of increased portability.
> Similarly my local changes (whose local goal is to make it compile under
> Solaris) are _always_ being done with general portability in mind.

Will your autoconf patches apply cleanly (or almost cleanly) to a stock
0.72?  I'm trying to build a normalized source tree for my from-scratch
distro, and getting PAM to build properly and cleanly has been one of
the big thorns I've procrastinated on.  I was considering implementing
it myself (once I actually got it to build), but if it's already been
done I'd rather not redo it.

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                         wcooley@nakedape.cc
Naked Ape Consulting                      http://nakedape.cc

Unquestionably, there is progress.  The average American now pays out
twice as much in taxes as he formerly got in wages.
		-- H. L. Mencken