Re: PAM/skey - two cvs sites? which module? I'm confused!

On Tue, 08 Aug 2000, Richard Michael wrote:

> > > (1) http://cvsweb.linuxdoc.org/index.cgi/pam
> > >

> > This stuff I made for our distro (see http://www.pld.org.pl). Linuxdoc
> > is a coincidence as we host their CVS :)
>
> Ok, so unless I'm going (a) use your distro or (b) want to work out the
> potential Redhatisms w/ these sources, I should stay away from them?  In
> the event that I use these sources - are they being maintained?

Yes (pam_console has some "features" removed for example). Yes.

> I'd like
> to stay on track with the sources that are being developed with reasonable
> frequency.
>

> > > (2) http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/Linux-PAM/?cvsroot=pam
> > >

> > You will find skey rpms on ftp.pld.org.pl, they have all that is required
> > to compile pam_skey. And if you want there are also binary rpms with
> > pam_skey only (pam-pam_skey-*.rpm). Or you can just grab source rpm,
> > rebuild and see if it works ;)
>
> Ok thanks.  I'm going to look at pam_skey.c from the PLD dist.
>
> However, I'm wondering, why isn't there an SKEY module (or OPIE module) on
> the sourceforge CVS?  Weren't your PLD mods folded into the main development?

That's for Andrew to decide, If he accept pam_skey and pam_opie I can
commit them to sourceforge repository.

> What are people on the sourceforge tree doing for SKEY authentication?
>
> Not being much of a coder, I'm concerned about adding the pam_skey.c module
> from the PLD tree.  Your feeling is that it should be possible, with minimal
> tweaking (and the tweaking won't cause any real problems) ?

If you only add pam_skey module there should be no problems.

Jan
--
Jan Rękorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?