mod_auth_pam trouble

Thanks for your help. One thing I forgot to mention was that I also tried
moving the "AddModule" and "LoadModule" directives to different places in
their respective lists in my httpd.conf file. I tried top and bottom, and I
also tried disabling all other mod_auth_* modules. None of these things
seemed to have an effect.

That said, I tried the newer version of mod_auth_pam. Sure enough, it's
getting called. Here's the new log entry:
[Mon Sep  2 15:30:45 2002] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] (13)Permission
denied: PAM: user 'mw26' - not authenticated: Authentication failure

And still nothing in the syslog file. I'm using the pam_warn and pam_permit
setup mentioned before. ldd confirms that the module is indeed linked
against libpam.

-MW