(no subject)

Hi Steve
Thanks for the email

But steve according to my knowledge kerberos needs a clock
synchronization i mean we need to install the clock
synchronization software in the machine which we use to
connect....

Now the remote user may log in thru diff computer / network ..and
then for syschronization he needs to have that s/w installed

Is it true?

My goal is to allow people work on my code by logging in to my
system and checking out code using cvs connecting using SSH and i
need a authorization right???

please let me know
I Appreciate your help
Thanks once again
Rohan

On Wed, 29 May 2002 Steve Langasek wrote :
>On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 02:35:20PM -0000, Rohan  Bairat wrote:
> > Hi Friends,
> > I am new to these technologies and i want to study about PAM
>in
> > detail .....
>
> > I want to allow remote users to connect to my machine for
>FTP
> > CVS--using SSH and mail...
>
> > Can any one please suggest me good document to read ....which
>has
> > information about PAM stuff and how to configure it for
>above
> > mentioned services....
>
> > Is kerberos a better authentication technique??????
>
>Kerberos and PAM address two different aspects of system
>security.
>PAM's goal is to provide a flexible system, with Kerberos as just
>one of
>the available authentication backends; Kerberos seeks security an
>single
>sign-on capabilities with a unified system.  PAM excels at
>providing
>support for local applications that need to authenticate users,
>whereas
>I prefer Kerberos for client-server applications.  Since it
>sounds like
>you're concerned mostly with network services, I recommend
>Kerberos as a
>better fit for your applications.
>
>Steve Langasek
>postmodern programmer

Click below to visit monsterindia.com and review jobs in India or
Abroad
http://monsterindia.rediff.com/jobs