Open SSH Support

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 02:47:57AM -0700, Jefferson Cowart wrote:
> I think I have them set up...It seems to log in just fine, the problem
> is it doesn't appear to be using PAM at all. I can remove the sshd file
> in pam.d and I get the same behavior. My other file is just a deny/warn
> so if it were using PAM I would get warnings without the sshd file.
>=20
> [jeff@P233 pam.d]$ cat sshd
> #
> # Begin /etc/pam.d/sshd
> #
> # module     ctrl       module [path]     ...[args..]
> # type       flag
> auth       required   pam_warn.so
> auth       requisite  pam_securetty.so debug

perhaps remove this, pam_securetty does not work with ssh since a tty
is not allocated until after authentication has succeeded (unlike
telnet).  besides, you don't need securetty with ssh, the correct way
to get equivilent behavior is setting PermitRootLogin no

--=20
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq