Pam_mount module

Quite some time ago Elvis Pfützenreuter requested the
inclusion of his pam_mount into the mainstream PAM distribution
(http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/pam-list/2000-11/0013.html).
Much more recently, I came across his PAM module and a patch by Mukesh
Agrawal which allows local encrypted volumes to be mounted at login
time -- encrypted home directories.

This partially solves the problem of "Security against theft of
Linux machines" listed in the International Kernel Patch TODO at
http://www.kerneli.org/todo.html.

Has any more consideration gone into including pam_mount in the mainstream
PAM distribution?  I think that the additional capabilities provided by
pam_mount are very nice and have been using it for about a month.

I have not been able to get a hold of Elvis Pfützenreuter to submit
my pam_mount changes, so the most current pam_mount should be mine,
available at http://www.flyn.org.  I can't find any record of Elvis
beyond around 2000 and none of his email addresses work.  I am willing
to maintain pam_mount if necessary.

--
Mike

:wq