PAM & NIS

Hello,

In the old times (before PAM), when using NIS one was able to change the
SHELL (that is, use a SHELL different from the one specified in the passwd
database of the NIS server) used in one specific NIS client machine by
adding a line to the passwd file of this NIS client machine like this:

+::::::/bin/newshell

By doing this all users of this specific NIS client machine would use the
"/bin/newshell" SHELL instead of the one specified in the NIS server.

After PAM, the line starting with "+" in the passwd file doesn't work
anymore (the NIS database is searched by the PAM library, if I undesrtood
it correctly). How can I change the SHELL using PAM?

Thanks a lot,

Sergio.